A Journey to Bali Through Art and Dance
October 24 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
AAFSW in collaboration with the Indonesian Embassy cordially invites you to an enchanting program on Monday, October 24, at the Dean Acheson Auditorium, 2201 E St NW, Washington, DC, at 11:00 am Eastern Time.
- Bali is one of Indonesia’s most famous province-island for its beautiful beaches, strong Hindu culture, rice paddy fields, arts, food scenes, and its friendly residents.
- Bali’s attractions range from its wonderful natural beauty in its looming volcanoes to lush, terraced rice fields to luxurious beaches.
- In 2021, Bali won #1 Winner of 2021 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award, after previously winning the 2017 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Award for the world’s best destination.
- Bali also won Conde Nast Traveler’s 2021 best Islands in the World: 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards under Asia category.
Let us enchant you with Balinese Arts and Dramatic Dances.
- More than 90% of Balinese practice Balinese Hinduism, a unique religious enclave in
- contrast to Indonesia’s 88% Muslim population.
- Balinese Hinduism is a blend of animist customs, elements of Mother Nature influenced by spirits, and core Hinduism beliefs. Small offerings with incense called ‘canang sari’ are seen on floors, streets, and every corner of Bali. The strong spirituality displayed in Bali gave the island the nickname “the Island of the Gods.”
- Dance is an integral part of Balinese culture and religion. Balinese uses dances to welcome deities, ward off evil spirits, teach allegorical stories and mark the cycle of life. The unique aesthetics of the Balinese people can also be seen in the paintings, carvings, jewelries, hand-woven textile, rattan furniture, and stonework found everywhere on the island.
Please register above by Wednesday, October 19, 2022.
Please come to 2201 E St NW, Washington, DC, around 10:45 AM. You must be vaccinated to get in.
We look forward to seeing you at this wonderful program, register ASAP.
AAFSW Program Chair