Every day, somewhere in the world, Foreign Service community members are in the midst of moving. Some have moved a dozen times or more, and lived to tell about it! They tell their tales in this book, a collection of advice, stories and entertaining anecdotes to serve as your “companion” along the way.
- leaving the U.S. for an overseas post
- returning “home” to the Washington, D.C., area
- moving to other posts in the U.S.
- sorting and downsizing belongings before packout
- digitizing and backing up important household records
- creating a home inventory
- helping children of various ages deal with a move
- safely shipping pets
- packing for an ordered evacuation from an overseas post
- planning for an unaccompanied tour
- shopping for consumables for a hardship post
- special considerations for foreign-born spouses
- taking care of ourselves during a transfer
- and much more!
Whether you are a veteran of many Foreign Service moves or a brand-new officer or family member preparing for your first packout, there is surely something in this book that you can use–or at that will at least give you a laugh when you most need one!
Available now in paperback or Kindle e-book format from Amazon.com
Are you a Community Liaison Office Coordinator (CLO)?
We would appreciate it if you could advertise our new book! Please feel free to use this PDF flyer in your community newsletter or on your bulletin board. Click pdf below to save and print.
You must be logged in to post a comment.