- This event has passed.
Wine Tasting and Chocolate Pairing
April 2, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm EDT$87.55 – $97.28
WINE TASTING PAIRED WITH CHOCOLATES
AT THE UNIVERSITY CLUB
OF WASHINGTON DC.
April 2, 2022 at 7:00 pm
AAFSW and AAFSW Fund for Funds cordially invite you to welcome the spring season with an amazing wine-tasting experience paired with delectable fine chocolates at the University Club of Washington DC on Saturday, April 2, 2022 at 7:00pm EST.
With his presentation, Certified Wine Judge Bill Stefan will introduce us to eight of the rarest premium wines from around the world paired with the finest elite chocolates meant to intensify the flavor and taste of both the wines and the chocolates. During Mr. Stefan’s presentation, we will travel to a variety of countries from all the continents and discover the intricacies of pairing great wines with incredible chocolates.
Join us after dinner at 7:00pm on Saturday, April 2, 2022, at the University Club of Washington DC, the elegant mansion on 1135 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036, where the diplomatic, international, and academic community gets together. Light hors d’ oeuvres will be passed just before the wine and chocolate pairing presentation begins.
Please RSVP by Thursday, March 24, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm your reservation with your online payment of $85 per person for members and $95 non-members via PayPal. Per Washington DC rules, this event is open only to people who are fully vaccinated. Please bring your photo ID and your vaccination card.
As this event is very popular and AAFSW can accommodate only 30 guests, there will be no cancellations accepted after Friday, March 25, 2022. Any cancellations after that date will be considered a donation to AAFSW. There are wonderful restaurants in the vicinity of the University Club for an early dinner. Valet parking is available at the University Club as well as many private parking garages close by.
We are looking forward to welcoming spring 2022 with you during this fantastic program!
All attendees must be fully vaccinated and must wear a mask while indoors, regardless of vaccination/booster status.
Sheila Switzer, AAFSW Program Chair
Joanna Athanasopoulos Owen, PhD, AAFSW Public Relations and Publicity Chair, AAFSW Fun For Funds Fundraising Events Chair
Bio of speaker William (Bill) Stefan
- Certified Wine Judge. Judged at International the American Wine Society Commercial & Amateur Competitions, Atlantic Seaboard Wine Competition, Wine-Maker Magazine Competition, Tennessee Valley Wine Competition, Kentucky State Fair, and Loudoun County Wine Competition.
- Certified Specialist of Wine and professional member of the Society of Wine Educators.
- Certified Sherry Wine Specialist by the Regulatory Council of Jerez-Xeres-Sherry Denomination of Origin.
- Provence Master-Level Certificate by the Wine Scholar Guild.
- Certified Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines with Distinction.
- Amateur winemaker won 3 Best of Shows, 4 Double Golds, 7 Golds, and numerous other awards for his wines.
- Spoke to the American Association of Wine Economistsat Cornell University on the “Neuro-Science of Wine Flavor” and to Leadership Initiatives at Georgetown University on “Neuro-Science”, as well as several groups at KPMG, Deloitte, Exxon-Mobil, and Wine Clubs on various wine topics.
- Published author with a recent article for the Sherry Council on “Sherry’s Challenges Today and Opportunities Tomorrow, as well as several blogs with articles on Malbec & Albarino.
- Vice-President, American Wine Society, with about 150 Chapters and 8,000 members
- Order of the Knights of the Vine