- “Training Toolkit”
A PDF brochure outlining training options at FSI for family members. Includes course descriptions, instructions for registration, and lots of contact information.
- Transition Center – Training Division Course list
- List of Training Center courses oriented to family member employment (PDF)
- Schedule of upcoming classes. Click course titles for dates and times
- Functional training courses (Basic Consular, Financial Management Overseas, etc.)
Open to family members on a space-available basis
- GCLO Professional Development Fellowship
Yearly fellowships are available to adult spouses and partners of direct-hire US Government employees under Chief of Mission authority abroad in order to maintain, enhance and/or develop their professional skills (e.g., course work, conference attendance). Fellowships up to $2,500 are granted with the applicant being responsible for a minimum of at least 25% of the proposed cost. The program announcement comes out every March. Applications are usually due by mid-May. For additional information, e-mail GCLOAskEmployment@state.gov or call (202)647-1076.