Submission Deadline: April 3, 2018
Submit by mail to: AAFSW, 4001 North Ninth Street, Suite 214, Arlington, VA, 22203, or as email
attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org . Phone: (703) 820-5420.
Eligibility: All high school students or gap year students entering college in Fall 2018, or college
freshmen or sophomores (with an IEP from junior or senior year of high school) whose families are part
of the foreign affairs agency community. An immediate family member must be a current member of
AAFSW at the time of application. To join AAFSW, visit www.aafsw.org.
Requirements for submission:
1) Completed application form (below).
2) Original essay, 500 words or less (see instructions below).
3) — High school transcripts. Official transcripts must be sent from the school(s), postmarked by April 3,
— If currently a freshman or sophomore in college, latest college transcript.
4) For high school/gap year students: Grade point average and SAT, ACT, or WISC if applicable (copy or
printout of official score sheet, if not included on transcript). Screen shots or a copy of ACT/SAT/WISC
scores are permitted.
5) Please include two letters of recommendation from individuals with knowledge of your abilities in
two of these areas: volunteering, paid employment, sports, arts, music, etc. (These letters may be
6) Copy of valid IEP (Individualized Education Program) from any year of high school. (Usually, IEPs have
a three-year limit before re-evaluation is necessary and are re-validated every year by the IEP
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Click here for the scholarship application.