Launching a Campaign for Members to Contact Their Senators to Urge Support for S.789 – FS 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin
AAFSW backs the Congressional support for a Commemorative Coin recognizing the upcoming 100th anniversary of the USFS in 2024 and the importance of diplomacy to the national interest. The Association for Diplomatic Studies & Training (ADST) is “taking the lead through a Congressional Relations consultant and doing the meetings on the Hill and lobbying for the needed 290 cosponsors in the House and 67 in the Senate”.
Our goal is to get as many co-sponsors from both parties as possible, as quickly as possible, as we need to reach 2/3 by June of this year.
Here is a list of Foreign Service non-profit organizations that support the Foreign Service/Diplomacy Commemorative Coin bill (2025):
- Association for Diplomatic Studies & Training (ADST), POC Susan R Johnson, President
- American Foreign Service Association (AFSA), POC Ambassador Eric Rubin, President
- American Academy of Diplomacy (AAD), POC Ambassador Ron Neumann, President
- Associates of the American Foreign Service Worldwide (AAFSW), POC Celine Erickson, President
- Association of Black American Ambassadors (ABAA), POC Ambassador Steve McGann, President
- DACOR (an association of Foreign Affairs professionals), POC John Bradshaw, Executive Director
- Diplomacy Center Foundation (DCF), POC Ambassador Popadiuk
- Public Diplomacy Council of America (PDCA), POC Michael Korff
- Senior Seminar Alumni Association (SSAA), POC Mike Lekson, President
- USAID Alumni Association (UAA), POC Jim Bever
As inclusion on the list means only political, advisory, or other support that our organization may be willing and able to give, please support this initiative.
- To help you get started, here is a template message that you can download to use:
- In addition, you can access these thank-you letters: