AAFSW Zoom Workshop
Wednesday, June 10 and Wednesday, July 15
10:15 – 11:30 Washington DC time
Laughter has profound positive effects on both the body and mind. And this is true even when we laugh “on purpose,” especially in a group.
In Laughter Wellness (a variation of Laughter Yoga), a facilitator leads simple activities to promote deep breathing, social connection, and plenty of laughter. It’s a break from ordinary life that can lift your mood, improve your breathing, increase your sense of connectedness, and even strengthen your immune system. Exactly what we need in these times!
In this fun and interactive workshop, you will:
– Learn the principles behind Laughter Wellness (founded by Sebastian Gundry of France)
– Discuss why it’s OK — and actually beneficial — to laugh when we are facing stress and problems
– Learn how to lead others in laughter
– Learn how to participate in Laughter Wellness for free online
– And most importantly, experience Laughter Wellness for yourself in a live session!
Limited to 15 participants. Please sign up ASAP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional sessions may be added based on demand. Cost: Free with optional donation to the presenter via PayPal
After signing up, you will receive a Zoom link, and you will need to download Zoom for free on your computer, tablet or phone, but you do not need to create an account.
Your presenter is certified health coach and AAFSW volunteer Patricia Linderman, who has taken specialized training in Laughter Wellness and leads four free 30-minute groups each week. Find out more about her work at www.fierceafter45.com.
This is part of a series of wellness workshops organized by AAFSW Program Chair Sheila Switzer. We hope to see you there!
AAFSW Program Chair
You must be logged in to post a comment.