The SOSA Award recognizes volunteer efforts at posts overseas in the following areas:
- Remarkable service to the mission community;
- Outstanding activities directed towards the host country; and
- Exceptional service in emergency situations.
All active American USG direct-hire employees, their spouses and family members over the age of 18, and their members of household (MOH) are eligible. Previous nominees can be considered if an updated justification sheet is included. Only nominees who are serving or have served abroad under the authority of the Chief of Mission or are abroad in involuntary Separate Maintenance Allowance (ISMA) status are eligible.
Nominations for SOSA should not exceed three pages double-spaced and must include the following information:
- the nominee’s name, including middle initial;
- the relationship to the direct-hire employee or retiree;
- the nominee’s e-mail address;
- the nominator’s name and relationship to nominee;
- the name of the nominee’s hometown newspaper and U.S. representative in Congress; and
- a justification for the nomination, including specific actions and qualities that fulfill the award criteria.
Send nominations (Word documents only) for SOSA to email@example.com. Nominations for SOSA awards must be received no later than April 30, 2020. For more information, see ALDAC cable 20 STATE 10038 issued January 31, 2020 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Check out our new promotional posters for SOSA! Please share and help us get the word out – Nominations are currently being accepted. Deadline April 30, 2020. Available for download and sharing in newsletters, on bulletin boards and social media.
Click the link below each poster to download.